|Things to do in the Shuswap
· 12 Parks
· 9 Beaches
· 2 Nature Parks
· Boat Tours and Rentals
· Winery Tours
· Cycling – from leisure to extreme trails
· Hiking – over 16 great hiking trails.
· Whitewater Rafting – Adam’s River Rafting
· Golf Courses – 5 courses from beginner to championship
· Fishing – over 22 lakes everything from full facilities to fly, ice and sport
Lush fairways & manicured greens nestled among Majestic pines & fragrant cedars… Dramatic elevation changes & breathtaking panoramas… Novice or scratch player, you’ll find the challenge irresistible.
Cast a fly, dangle a line or troll away a lazy morning… We’ve got clear creeks, rushing rivers & more than 20 lakes filled with sport fish just spoiling for a fight. You just might reel in a 25-pounder - and that’s no fish story!!
We’ve got lakes – we’ve got rivers- & we’ve got thousands of kilometers of shoreline to explore. No wonder boaters love the Shuswap. Spend your days exploring hidden coves, then anchor off a friendly beach & feel life’s stress drain away. Imagine the moon & stars overhead, campfire on the beach, & you in a fishing oasis on the lake. With water temperatures averaging 71 degrees, you may want to spend as much time in it as you can!!
Seasonal Ongoing Events
· Slowpitch tournaments
· Golf tournaments
· Cross-country skiing events
· Snowarama Snowmobiling
· Curling Bonspiels
· Silverbacks hockey games
April to October
· Farmers Market in Salmon Arm fresh local produce and crafts
June to August
· Wednesdays on the Wharf Salmon Arm Live Entertainment
Spring and Summer Highlights
· Stampede – Falkland Rodeo, Dance, and Parade
· Golf Tournament – Sicamous Mara Lake Golf Course
· Air Affair – Salmon Arm Air Show
· Fantastic Summer Festival – Enderby Mixed Slow-pitch, golf, Volleyball, and Dance
· Golf Tournament – Salmon Arm Golf, Dinner, and Prizes
· Canada Day Festivities – Sicamous and Salmon Arm
· Children’s Day Festival – Fletcher’s Park SA
· Roots and Blues Festival – Salmon Arm Honey Heritage Park
· Demolition Derby – Salmon Arm
· Blue Grass Festival – Sorrento
Fall and Winter Highlights
· Fall Fair – Salmon Arm Fair, Exhibits, and Parade
· BC Rivers Day – Enderby Canoe or Kayak Shuswap River
· Annual Harvest Celebration – Salmon Arm Local Wineries, Breweries, and Restaurants, Show for the Public.
· Adams River Run – North Shuswap The largest Run of Salmon in B.C.
· Old Fashion Christmas Celebrations
· Enderby Parade